The Mill Stream

The Mill Stream and old footbridge at Gabbett's Grove, Corbally, before the huts and houses were built. Corbally House on the left, now Corbally House Nursing Home.
The footbridge over the Mill Stream, Gabbett's Grove, Corbally 2013.
The old footbridge and portion of the Lax Weir at the Mill Stream 1920. This part of the weir was to prevent fish entering the Mill Stream.
The old footbridge over the Mill Stream. The man in the photo, probably stepped out the back gate of Corbally House, just behind him. Across the bridge on the left is the Lax Weir.
Mr. Liam Forde who lived at Lax Weir Cottage, Mill Road, now Suil na h-Abhainn, grazed cattle on his land along by the Salmon Weir Bank, now almost completely overgrown. Mr. Forde became manager of the Lax Weir company in 1925, he was also a founder member of Limerick Beekeepers Association.
The Mill Stream, Corbally House in the background.
Old sluice on Salmon Weir bank, Corbally.
Pat Lysaght with the last remaining piece of the original grid from the Mill Stream section of the Lax Weir.